Thursday, August 20, 2009

day 9

i had two interesting conversations today.

kwong sent me a link to a youtube video of a song that brett and i had heard on the radio earlier this trip. we had both liked it. but kwong didn't know that. dire straits - sultans of swing. brilliant song, and a brilliant coincidence.

the only person in the world that calls me froggy raised a point.

she says:
don'tyou feel bored when people ask you about races
like i'ld want people to tell me about their non-whateveri'mdoing life

well it's true. sometimes. it does depend.

hmm. i think if i ever got bored telling people about my races, i'd be bored of racing. if i ever got bored of racing, well that would be the sad day that i stopped racing i think. so, no, i don't feel bored. keep asking.

isn't it amazing that after many years of sailing, sailors can still converse about sailing endlessly? that, really, there is still so much to learn, so many stories to be told, and retold? this blog i found recently is an example.

sometimes it's also about who you're talking to. and how long it has been since you talked.

1 comment:

Tillerman said...

Thanks for the plug. I started Proper Course partly because every day I had spme thoughts or memories or stories about sailing buzzing around in my head. It's true: sailors never get bored of talking about sailing.