Saturday, November 21, 2009

teenage kicks












i was in the right place and time to snap a shot of this girl walking pass some scribbling on the floor of one of king's cross' back roads. teenage kicks.


Teenage dreams so hard to beat
Every time she walks down the street
Another girl in the neighbourhood
Wish she was mine, she looks so good

I wanna hold her wanna hold her tight
Get teenage kicks right through the night

I'm gonna call her on the telephone
Have her over cos I'm all alone
I need excitement oh I need it bad
And its the best, I've ever had

I wanna hold her wanna hold her tight
Get teenage kicks right through the night

'teenage kicks' was one of dj john peel's favourite songs - so much so that the only words he wanted on his tombstone, aside from his name, was the opening line from the song, 'teenage dreams, so hard to beat'.

No comments: