Friday, October 23, 2009

but thank god you're up now

had a eventful morning today. almost overslept and missed my skype interview for shalom college. to think that i did actually wake up earlier to grab some water, and that i'd totally forgotten about it and gone back to bed. happened to look at my phone while i was lying in bed some time later and thats when the realisation hit.

and in the end when i actually managed to get onto skype i almost appeared on video without my shirt on. woah! rushed back into my room to grab a shirt. nice preparation there colin.

so i'm lucky that i've been offered my place in shalom college. whoopee.

anyway, it's a great performance of one of my favourite songs this one.

Did you have that strangest dream
Before you woke?
`Cause in your gown you had
the butterfly stroke.
Did it escape you
Like a half-told joke
When you reached for
Your plume of smoke?

And it`ll haunt you
My honey bee,
Anyone who`s anyone
Has that same dream.
Were you falling,
Were you flying,
Were you calling out
Or were you dying?

But thank god you`re up now,
Let`s stay this way,
Else there`ll be no mornings
And no more days.
`Cause when we`re dreaming
The babies grow,
The sun it shines
And the shadows flow.
Time flies,
The phone rings,
There is a silence
When everybody tries to sing.

No comments: