Monday, June 16, 2008

haunted by the presence of the things i miss

it's nice to strum in a small room.

this week taught me a lot. i had a lot of free time, so i wrote about 11 pages of diary and thoughts monday through friday. i wrote with varying degrees of emotions; anger, sadness, happiness, satisfaction.

one thing week 24 of the year 2008 taught me is that perfect 10 98.7fm is in a class 95 of it's own. they're amazing. all the hip-hop and r&b stuff really get me going and all worked up. there should never be a reason for me to hear the same song more than a few times a day. let alone the same set of songs 3 or 4 times a day. let alone hear 'take me on a trip i'd like to see l.a.', 'that's what you get when you let your heart win' 5 times a day. i hear it in the bunk, in the car, in the van, and in the bunk again. bloody awesome.

it appears i haven't mentioned voxtrot here yet. they're fantastic, go listen to 'ghost'.

i am learning how to be lost completely.

well at least the radio played one gem of a song when i was feeling kinda moody on the way to changi at an ungodly hour somewhere between monday and tuesday. it's 'unwell' by matchbox twenty.

all day,
staring at the ceiling making
friends with shadows on my wall.

all night,
hearing voices telling me
that i should get some sleep
because tomorrow might be good for something.

No comments: