Sunday, April 20, 2008

scene language is back!


i feel constrained inside the camp. for 5 times 24 hours a week we're pretty much confined within an area of 50 m radius. there's a reason the things i look forward to are mealtimes (where we get a 200m walk to the kranji camp cookhouse) and live runs on mondays, wednesdays and fridays (just did a 7.2 k on friday).

the lack of freedom and the boredom really gets to me sometimes. my buddy can attest to this - like when we were waiting for our technical handling test on wednesday.

the other things i look forward to are the cold showers, playing table tennis in the musket lounge, guitar in the bunk, talking rubbish through the night. also my tuesday night chat on the phone. some feminine company is nice.

i'm trying to learn to play the intro to this song. here is hotel california. from 'hell freezes over'.

Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'we are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast


Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax,' said the night man
We are programmed to receive
You can checkout any time you like
But you can never leave

No comments: